Hecaton (Alpha Demo)
A downloadable game for Windows
Hecaton is futuristic action rogue-like set on Titan, a terraformed moon of Saturn. Play as a Bounty Hunter and fight your way through an army of space pirates, wildlife, and the clandestine Morai. Survive as long as possible to unlock new Keystones that upgrade your character and attacks.
Enemies will increase in Power and Complexity as time goes on. Random Enemy Modifiers ensure that you can be caught unaware at any moment. Speed and efficiency are key to success.
Five out of the game's seven buttons are used for attacks. Learn when and where to use each Bounty Hunter's skillset while moving closer to the Space Pirate's hidden base. Mastering combat is the core of Hecaton.
- Keyboard and Controller are both supported and can be reconfigured.
Update 0.4.5 Patch Notes
- Added 10 new Random Enemy Modifiers.
- Enemy Modifiers increase in frequency over time.
- Rebalanced game difficulty due to the inclusion of Random Enemy Modifiers.
- Enemy Damage Numbers to the Player has changed color to Red.
- Added an in-game indicator when a new High Rating has been achieved.
- Fixed a bug with Pentaglory Keystone that incorrectly calculated Damage.
- Altered Boss Room.
- Altered Deadbolt Gun Spire boss fight.
- Chief Engineer Kerrick's Drones can now be permanently destroyed.
- Patriot now starts with 180 Health. (was 200)
- Patriot can now Autoattack
- Auto-Flurry Keystone has been changed to Kaminari: Flurry travels further.
- Patriot Rocket Jump Cooldown is decreased by 1 second.
- Patriot Old Glory secondary explosions now deal 50% Damage (down from 100%) but can now trigger Relics (Accelerant, Toxic Spores, etc.).
- Sonja Traps now deal 100% extra Damage.
What's Next for Hecaton
Hecaton's core combat system is mostly finished and I now want to expand the game with new Maps and content.
If you want to help contribute to the future of Hecaton, please consider contributing to the upcoming KickStarter.
Stay tuned for more developments coming soon!
|Published||95 days ago|
|Genre||Action, Platformer, Role Playing|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio, Audacity, Pyxel Edit|
|Tags||2D, Difficult, Endless, Pixel Art, Roguelike, Roguelite, Sci-fi|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller|
Download and run the Hecaton.exe file to begin playing.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.